Heels on Wheels’ ladies day of cycling will be held on the Meadows from 11am to 3pm on Saturday 22nd June, and is aimed to be an inspiring, inclusive and educational FREE event. Bring your bike, dressed up if you like, and bring your friends…
- Educational stalls on cycling in general
- Inspiring speakers
- Elevenses – oaty surprise morning tea giveaway from Nairn’s Oatcakes
- Representatives from Cycling clubs – many cycling clubs are actively trying to encourage women to join.
- Holly, bike mechanic from the Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative offering FREE mechanical advice
- ‘Best dressed’ competition, win a bumper prize!
- Kiddies strider bikes to try
- Bike smoothie maker
- Cycling instructors – teaching a novice to cycle
- Face painting, space hopper races and a hula hoop jam
- Savoury treats from Katie’s Diner and Knight’s Kitchen.
- Steampunk coffee, cake and Chocolate Tree ice cream… and lots of fun for everyone.
11.30am ‘Elevenses’ oaty giveaway from Nairn’s Oatcakes.
12.00pm Official launch from Alison Johnstone MSP.
12.10pm Juliana Buhring, the fastest women to cycle the world, speaking.
12.30pm ‘Best dressed’ bike competition judging.
1.30pm Buskers for your entertainment, including Rugg Tomcat.
To round off the day there will be a talk in the evening by Juliana Buhring, who will be talking how she set the first women’s world record for fastest circumnavigation of the world by bicycle, which she achieved just 152 days finishing in December last year. Get your ticket for Juliana’s talk here.
We have a limited number of covered market stalls available (download Heels on Wheels Trader application form here). The organisation of this event is being lead by Tracy Griffen of Griffen Fitness.
(Please note programme is subject to change)
If you have any comments or questions about Heels on Wheels please send them to Tracy using the form below.